.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:

Addicted to the printed word. Cinematic cretin. Information junkie.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Fact or Fiction? Enjoy it either way.

One of the blogs I try to keep up with belongs to an author named Jonathan Carroll. Frequently his blog entries are beautifully written little vignettes of observation which go a long way to restore my appreciation of and interst in human nature. Sometimes the entry is a character sketch. Sometimes it is a quotation (perhaps from a book he is reading or had read). Sometimes it is the description of a scene. Sometimes it is a (very) short story.

Since Carroll is a writer of fiction, I often wonder if these entries are fact, fiction, or a combination of the two. Most of the time they are so easy to believe that I want them to be true, but it never really occurs to me to write to the author and ask. I don't want to know. I just want to enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home